NATIONAL DIVORCE: MAYBE IT’S TIME [Satire]

In 2016, Donald Trump won the presidential election with 304 electoral votes to Hillary Clinton’s 227.  The strong, 77-point margin wrecked essentially all of the experts and the elites. According to them, Trump couldn’t possibly win. The only question in their minds was: Will Hillary win in a landslide victory, or will she simply win. Then the votes started appearing. Arrogance gave way to concern, which gave way to fear and panic, and then rage. State after state after state voted for Trump. “It’s her turn,” turned into, “What is happening?!” After all, they did their best to malign and demoralize Trump voters. They did their best to fire up support for their anointed candidate.

Hillary Clinton once said, “…the first person, Republican or Democrat, who refused to say that he would respect the results of this election. Now, that is a direct threat to our democracy.” But when the voters didn’t comply with the NPC program, what did the Left do? They rioted. They blocked roads. They lit fires. They smashed windows. They marched, chanting, “This is what democracy looks like!” They were willfully blind to the irony.  Some tried to convince the electors to vote against the will of the voters.  Some even threatened the electors. When none of that worked, they trotted out manufactured scandal after manufactured scandal, including five federal investigations costing the taxpayers tens of millions of dollars. Some people might consider that a threat to democracy (or a constitutional republic).

Comedians, talk shows hosts, comic books, TV shows, theater, and movies continue to howl against everything to the right of Stalin. Violence and harassment against conservatives flourishes, even to the point of attempted mass assassination of Republicans. People are committing hate crime hoaxes to falsely condemn conservatives. No lie is too big. No slander is too big. No libel is too big. For too many on the Left, they don’t just disagree with you, they hate you. They are willing to harass you. They are willing to assault you. They are willing to ruin your career. And yes, they are willing to kill you. How many people are we talking about? In 2016, Hillary got approximately 49% of the vote. Jill Stein got approximately 1% of the vote. Together that’s approximately 50%.

The U.S. Population is 328,303,828. If 50% of votes went to Clinton/Stein then it seem reasonable 50% of the whole population is like-minded. If that is true, that’s 164,151,914 people! The following states and district voted for Clinton in 2016: California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, Virginia, Washington, Massachusetts, Maryland, Colorado, Minnesota, Oregon, Connecticut, Nevada, New Mexico, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, District of Colombia, Delaware, and Vermont.

Too many of them cannot be reasoned with. They can’t be bargained with. They don’t know reason, or logic, or facts. If we can’t reach common ground, what can we do? Maybe it’s time to realize the Left and the Right have irreconcilable differences, and divorce. Let the mobs, the snobs, the faux intellectuals, the Lefto-Puritans, the coastal elites, the socialists, the communists, and the big government cultists take their states out of the union. All of the Conservatives could leave the Blue states, and all of the Liberals could leave the Red states. What might that look like?

Like any divorce, we’d have to divide things up, of course. I propose the following:

The Right keeps the Constitution, the freedoms, and the free markets.

The Left keeps the nanny state, the regulations, and the socialist model.

The Right bans abortions.

The Left bans plastic straws, large soft drinks, and hate speech.

The Right has protected borders.

The Left has all the baby-raping, gang-banging, illegal immigrants they want.

The Right keeps fossil fuels and nuclear energy.

The Left gets free-range-cruelty-free-vegan-powered cars and magically-happens-somehow electricity.

 The Right keeps the guns, the military, and the nuclear weapons.

The Left keeps the rampant crime, the pussy-hat marches, and the hashtag activism.

Everybody gets what they want. Win-Win! Until then, consider these words from former federal prosecutor, Joe diGenova (hat tip to ace.mu.nu):

“There’s two standards of justice, one for Democrats one for Republicans. The press is all Democrat, all liberal, all progressive, all left – they hate Republicans, they hate Trump. So the suggestion that there’s ever going to be civil discourse in this country for the foreseeable future in this country is over. It’s not going to be. It’s going to be total war. And as I say to my friends, I do two things – I vote and I buy guns.”

What do I know? I’m Justa Gaibroh

LINKS

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/us-states-by-population.html

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/district-of-columbia-population/